Monday, September 20, 2010

Outstanding In The Field 2010


Outstanding In The Field came to DC! It was so wonderful to see the gang and catch up with everyone. I miss the road so much! It was such an amazing summer going to farms across the country and learning about different type of food cultures, farming methods and recipes. Everyone looked healthy and excited to be in DC. I wish them the best of luck in finishing up this season. I wish I could tag along...but my new life in DC is full of new food adventures and good times.

RJ Copper with Rogue 24 cooked the dinner at Ayrshire Farm. I loved the Keswisk Creamy Blue Suede Moo- I am going to look for it in DC. It was wonderful. Cheers to a successful dinner! I am happy I was able to be part of 2010 OITF.

Menu Included:

Toigo Orchard Grilled Plums with House Made Formage Blanc and Country Ham
Ayrshire Farm Chicken Liver with Onion Jam and Bean Sprouts
Smoked Bacon, Cheddar & Apple Fitter

Ayrshire Farm Vel Kibbeh Nayyeh with Sunflower Shoots, Pickled Artichokes & Everona Piedmont

Ayrshire Farm field greens
Toigo Orchard Plums, Peaches & Nectarines with Keswick Creamery Blue Suede Moo

Pit Roasted Gloucestershire Old Spot Pig with Ayrshire Farm Braised Field Beans and Path Valley Blue Corn Meal Polenta

Fresh Link Asian Pear & Honey Crisp, Pecans and Trickling Springs Chantilly Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment