Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crabbing!!!

North Carolina Blue Crabs!





I went crabbing on Figure 8 Island with all the girls for Muffy's Bachelorette Weekend!! If you have never been crabbing- you should do it the next time you are at the beach. It was so much fun! All you need is raw chicken necks, a net and some string! We caught Blue Crabs and then ate them for lunch. They were so delicious and fresh. It is a lot like fishing- we had to be quiet and wait for them to nibble on the chicken. You have to be really fast with the net and scoop them up!

Cooking them is easy. You fill up a pot of water and drop them in (alive) for 10-20 mins. The minute the crabs hit the water they turn red. We ate them with a little butter.













2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love crab!

    You better call me before you leave for California! (Because I give up on calling you and hoping youll return the message).

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards. this guide

    ReplyDelete