Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!


Happy Birthday Dad! My mom and I made my dad a Birthday Dinner. The menu included: flounder with tomatoes and olives, potato gratin, green beans, tomatoes with mozzarella and a banana cake.

We made the Green Garlic and Potato Gratin recipe from
Jim Denevan's Farm to Table Cookbook.

I bought some green garlic from Love is Love Farm at the Farmers Market. It was excellent. If you are looking for a good cookbook. I recommend this one! Everything I have made from it has turned out and has been wonderful. It was “Named one of top cookbooks of 2008″by The Washington Post and chosen as one of “The summer season’s most interesting new cookbooks” by the New York Times. We also got the tomatoes from the Macon Farmers Market. They came from FL, but they are better then anything you can find in the grocery store right now.

Happy Birthday Dad! I hope you enjoyed your meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment