Friday, January 15, 2010

That's Such a Comfort

"Chocolate cream pie! You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That's such a comfort."

-Julie Powell (Julie & Julia)


I love to cook. I bake/cook almost everyday and rarely blog about it. But today was one of those days...and all I could think about was that Chocolate Cream Pie from Julie & Julia. I found a recipe by googling. This one looked the best to me. (I will let you know it is cooling in my frig as I write). This other one looked good by Sunset- picture above. So many options online.

Cooking to me is such a comfort. Honestly the grocery store/markets are my sanctuary. I do my best thinking in there. I enjoy walking up and down the aisles. I enjoy interacting with people and watching the shoppers. I love getting to know the farmers and build relationships. I never make a list. I always buy what looks good and fresh. I plan meals while I am in store staring at the meats or vegs. Sometimes I find something I like a google recipes on my phone in the store - most times I wing it - hoping it will turn out.

I hope you enjoy this recipe! I have to say there is definitely a comfort in the way my house smells. I sure understand why Julia saying cooking brings her joy...cause it brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment