Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Gift For Foodie



Happy Birthday Mom! My mom loves to cook. My love for food and cooking is because of my mom. She taught me how to cook and how to eat! We love to go to the markets together and find fresh food...and we love to dine out at wonderful restaurants. I planted her a garden last year for Mother's Day. Anything involving food...we enjoy. Most of all we love to cook together!

I always get her something related to food for holidays...cookbooks, cookware, etc. I thought this year something from Blackberry Farm would be perfect for her Bday. I met Sam Beall (Owner of Blackberry Farm) at the SFA symposium this past year. I bought my mom and myself his cookbook...however he also told me about his online market. He was showcasing his book and his peanut butter on this particular night. His cookbook is beautiful - has wonderful photography and recipes. I am looking forward to the spring...when all of his products are in season. I got my mom some Winter Jam, which made with dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, figs, cherries, raisins, dates, prunes), Tennessee Rum, orange and lemon zest and juices, cinnamon and other spices. Chow-Chow! (Her favorite) - A relish of cabbage, peppers, onions and anything fresh in our garden at the time of preparation. And some fried chicken mix with their recipe. Everything on the website looks so good! Happy Birthday mom!! Hopefully one day we can go to Blackberry Farm.










(Mom with Caleb from OITF in her kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment