Saturday, August 25, 2012

New Job


I recently started a new job with Delight Gluten-Free Magazine. Delight is a fun, foodie international  magazine filled with gluten-free recipes, mouthwatering pictures, lifestyle advice, and great resources for anyone living gluten-free.

My new boss, Vanessa is an amazing mentor. I am so lucky to have an incredible boss and friend. I know I will learn a lot from her. As well as being the Executive Editor, she consults for a variety of gluten-free food manufactures and is an active member of the Advisory Board of the Celiac Disease Center at Children’s National Medical Center. I am so excited to learn from Vanessa - I feel like I am now able to use my passion and love for the food industry and truly make a difference in someone's life. I cant wait to also get involved with Children’s National Medical Center.

I have been with the company for a little over a month and I have already learned so much about the gluten-free world. And let me say, it is a WHOLE new world of cooking. I LOVE it. It is an amazing fit for me and I love every minute of working for this company. Be sure to check out the Winter Issue - I wrote some piece interesting articles including an interview with Kevin Gillespie from Top Chef. I am also write a Gluten-Free Beauty Column. It will come out in November.

The past few weeks we have been busy developing recipes for the Winter Issue and I am diving into the new routine with Delight. They are having me test recipes, develop recipes, write, edit and much more. Every day is a new day with a new task and food adventure.

The Fall Issue just hit the shelves last week. You can buy it here. Even if you are not gluten-free the recipes are fabulous. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers to a new chapter in my life. I am excited to see where it will lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment