Sunday, August 26, 2012

Welcome To DC!


I had two friends moved to DC recently - Martha Collins Grace and Anna Ramsey. So I decided to host a girls luncheon to bring some of my friends together for them to meet people in the city. And I am always looking for an excuse to have people over.

My Aunt gave me this beautiful china for my wedding - so I was excited to put it to use and welcome them to my city! I spent hours planning my menu and cooking. Since my new job at Delight Gluten-Free Magazine. I have been greatly introduced to the gluten-free world and cooking outside my comfort zone. I planned a gluten-free menu (minus the ham rolls) to widen my cooking skills and test some awesome recipes. Not to mention, Anna is gluten-free!

I 1st made a Gazpacho and put shrimp and pickled okra on top. I created the recipe as I went by throwing things in the blender and hoping for the best. It really turned out. I have been eating it all weekend! It made a TON. I got some inspiration from Coastal Living. But they were totally different. I served in these adorable tea cups.


I also made Carrot Ribbon Salad with Lentils and Stuffed Patty Pans (Squash) - which I found off this incredible website I just found. I will be cooking a lot more from this site. The recipes turned out beautifully. I really recommend making these the next time you have guests over. Since squash is almost out of season - you can stuff a tomato or pepper with the same recipe. Would be just as good.





Martha Collins brought a delicious chocolate chip pound cake. I can't stop eating it! And I made mini cheesecakes. It was a successful luncheon!! Next time I need to remember to photograph my guests and not just the food! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment