Monday, August 27, 2012

Peppers!

I’ve been growing peppers for the first time this year on my patio. I have learned that just because you don’t have a garden to grow veggies in does not mean that you can’t grow them. I think growing peppers in planters is easy.

They are getting huge! I had to get a tomato plant holder to keep the limbs from snapping because the peppers are so heavy.


I read that you pick them before they reach too large a size, thus encouraging the plants to produce more fruit. So I will be sure to do that! But when picked too young, they tend to be a little bitter, lack good texture, and just don’t taste good.

Pepper Tips: Peppers like consistently moist but not soggy soil. Water them whenever the top of the soil is dry. Peppers also like the sun and thrive in heat.

I cant wait to cook with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment